The chart below shows enrollment trendlines for Marin county districts and schools from the 2012-13 school year (the Partnership’s baseline data year) through the 2021-22 school year.
Additional Info: By the Numbers
- Approximately 31,000 Students
- 48% are students of color
- 33% are economically disadvantaged
- 17% English Language Learners
LOCAL EDUCATION AGENCIES (Districts etc.)
24 Total Operating in Marin
- 1 Marin County Office of Education (MCOE)
- 2 Unified School Districts (Novato & Shoreline)
- 2 High School Districts (Tamalpais Union, San Rafael City Schools)
- 5 Independently Operated Charter Schools (3 local authorizer & 2 out of county authorizers)
- 14 TK-8th Elementary School Districts (13 within the Tam Union HS District + San Rafael City Elementary District)
FUNDING (Click HERE for more funding detail)
- 6 Districts are State Funded based on Average Daily Attendance (Laguna, Larkspur-Corte Madera, Miller Creek, Novato, San Rafael Elementary, and Ross Valley Elementary)
- 12 Districts and MCOE are Community Funded (aka Basic Aid) based on local property tax revenue that exceeds the state funding calculation.
- 5 Independently Operated Charter Schools are funded based on a mix of public and private funding.