Learning. Together. Everywhere
PROMESA de VERANO+
Aprendiendo. Juntos. En Todas Partes
Addressing COVID-19 Disparity Gaps
Expanded Learning Supports - Summer 2020 and Beyond
- More Students Need Help
- Some Needs are Unique to the Moment
- Equity Gaps are Increasing
The Vision of this initiative is to …
Close, or at least significantly reduce, the educational outcome disparities that were widened (but not necessarily created) by COVID-19 so that all students, regardless of race, ethnicity or income, are ontrack for grade level (social, emotional and academic) learning by the start of the 2021-22 School Year, and every fall there after.
COLLABORATIVE ACTION GOALS
- Ensure that MORE students have summer supports.
- Ensure equitable, targeted access to QUALITY programs/services that are meeting real needs.
- Support shared ACCOUNTABILITY by tracking and reporting progress on population level outcomes.
- Work TOGETHER in new ways, as an integrated system, with students at the center, to collectively shift practices, policies and resources, to ensure equitable support in addressing COVID-19 Disparity Gaps.
Below are Materials and Presentations from Partnership Meetings
March 1st -Initiative Launch Meeting
April 14th Meeting Slides
March 15th Meeting Slides
May 19th Meeting Slides
March 29th Meeting Slides
Thank you to the more than 125 partners who joined forces to reimagine summer learning and support students in moving forward into the fall as strong, joyful, confident learners!